essential… please do bring what is on this list. We do not have extras of these things!!!
Be sure to bring some clothes that you are okay with getting dirty!!
- 3 short sleeved shirts
- 1- 2 long sleeved shirts
- 1 jacket or sweater
- 2 pair long pants
- 2 pair shorts
- 1 swim suit
- 3 pair socks
- slip on sandals or crocs
- hiking shoes or boots (tennis shoes are fine)
- rubber rain boots (can be bought in Costa Rica for about $15) Buy them in San Jose or San Isidro before you come… you will be glad you did!
- small umbrella YES!!
- head lamp (with rechargeable batteries)* Seriously, we have limited night time lighting- you will need this!! We do not have extras to lend to you.
- Biodegradable toiletries, such as, Dr. Bronners, biodegradable natural soaps, shampoos, etc. PLEASE be mindful and only bring items that have natural ingredients and do not bring any processed chemical items. (a brand called Bioland can be bought in San Isidro)
- Biodegradable laundry detergent (can be bought in San Isidro- a brand called Florex) You will need your own
- Natural Toothpaste
- Natural bug repellant or citronella oil
- Notebooks, journals, and writing utensils
- 1 long lasting candle (a bigger high-quality candle, not a candle stick, tea light, or votive)
- A lighter
- Yoga mat or rug
- Bath Towel
The following is a list of are necessary for the Internship and Cleansing Programs (can be bought at most health food stores, such as Whole Foods)- We do not have extras of these items, so be sure to bring them. A good website to order from is www.VitaCost.com.
- 1 pound psyllium husk powder*
- 1 pound powdered bentonite or 1 bottle liquid bentonite*
- .5- 1 pound greenfood powder (a dry powder including one or more of the following- wheat grass, barley grass, spirulina, blue-green algae, kamut grass, chlorella, etc) *
- 1 to 2 bottles of probiotic supplement
- Enema bag with hose and tip
* Items marked with a star (* ) are difficult to find in Costa Rica and if you would like to donate them to the project at the end of your stay that would be greatly appreciated.
Below is a list of items we can always use. If you wish to help the project by bringing any of these items as a donation we would greatly appreciate it!
- Essential oils, especially lavender, sandlewood, frankincense, myrhh, citronella, tea tree, and mint
- Cod Liver Oil capsules (free of soy and corn)
- Dr. Bronners liquid soap
- Spirulina or chlorella powder
- Rechargeable AAA batteries
- Bottles of flax oil and flax oil capsules
- Stevia (liquid extract, green stevia is best, Stevita brand is nice)
- Evening Primrose Oil capsules
- Organic Nuts and Seeds
- Quinoa (buy in bulk)
- Nutritional yeast flakes
- Organic seeds for planting
- Art supplies (quality paint brushes, paints, etc)
- Yoga mats
- Computers, laptops, accessories, etc
- Musical instruments
- Books- natural health, permaculture, biodynamics, spiritual.
- Children’s home schooling materials (check with us about ages)
- Seed/coffee bean grinders, Vitamix, blenders, food processor, etc
- Solar chargers for batteries, appliances, iPod,etc
- Solar chargeable flashlights (battery powered flashlights and headlamps also)
- Digital cameras